Getting your teeth checked is a fundamental part of good oral hygiene. This holds true for both adults and children who can benefit from regular dental checkups. Despite this, many children often feel anxious when going to the dentist. Whether it is their first time or persistent insecurity, it’s often difficult to get your children to the dentist without them having fear. To make that task just a bit easier, try these four ways to help children prepare for family dentistry at Lovett Dental Heights.
The Best Family Dentistry in the Area
A pediatric dentist will specialize in a field that focuses on treating children. While the difference is subtle, it’s often important for both the quality of care a child receives as well as helping to put them at ease during a visit. Pediatric dental workers have extra training to earn that specialization as well as the experience of working with children. Lovett Dental Heights provides pediatric dental services and family dentistry, including:
- Braces and corrective dentistry
- Teeth whitening
- Routine dentist checkups
- Teeth cleanings
- Root canals and extractions
Get to Know Your Dentist
A significant part of the fear around dentists comes from the fact that they’re strange adults who are going to put their hands into your child’s mouth. Children who aren’t familiar with dentists typically find this idea terrifying, an impression that can be difficult to break. This dental anxiety is even more understandable when the only experience someone has with dentists is a few minutes a year of uncomfortable cleaning and X-rays.
To change this perception, the family dentists at Lovett Dental Heights encourage you to get to know them before a cleaning. Many dentists will be willing to talk with you and your child before a first visit to get more acquainted and ease fears. By doing this, you’re helping your child see their dentist as a helping person rather than a faceless stranger. A trained dentist knows how to build a relationship with a child quickly to ease their fears.
Benefits of Family Dentistry Services
You’ll experience numerous benefits when your entire family becomes Lovett Dental Heights patients, including:
- Convenience – At Lovett Dental Heights, we provide a wide array of dental services under one roof. This saves you from having to drive all over Texas to get your family to their dental appointments.
- Easing dental anxiety – One of the most effective methods for easing your children’s dental anxiety is for you to be a role model for them. When you visit our office for an appointment, you demonstrate to your children that taking care of your teeth is nothing to be scared of.
- Preventative care – Our team of dental experts can diagnose and treat minor dental issues before they become major issues. This saves you time and money down the road.
- Track your family’s dental history – We will maintain an accurate record of all of your family’s dental appointments and treatments. This way, we can keep track of your family’s dental health, but also use this information to identify potential genetic dental issues.
- Emergency dental services – Our Lovett Dental Heights location is able to handle your family’s dental emergencies. Plus, we already have your family’s dental records on file so we’ll know the best way to render aid.
Let Lovett Dental Heights Become Your Family’s Dentist
The family dentists at Lovett Dental Heights understand that children may have anxiety or fear about going to a dental appointment. At Lovett Dental Heights, we gladly accommodate young ones, especially when it means a lessened risk of getting their fingers bitten off. Contact our Lovett Dental Heights team today at 832.780.4573 or completing our online form to learn more about how we can give your family the dentistry services they need.