Preventative dentistry is one of the general services our Lovett Dental Heights dentists may recommend to you during your appointment with us. Preventative dental care is a process of working to minimize the potential onset of damage to your teeth or disease from occurring. In our preventative dentistry office in Texas, you will always learn about the treatment options available to you, how they work, and why they may benefit you. At Lovett Dental Heights, our primary goal is to safeguard the health of your teeth for years to come.
How Can Preventative Dentistry Protect Your Teeth?
Most people know that brushing and flossing help remove bacteria and plaque, keeping teeth healthy. Routine visits to your dentist for X-rays and general cleanings can also be beneficial as preventative dental care. Yet, this is not always enough to push off the biggest risks to your smile, such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay.
With preventive dentistry services, we can offer more solutions and better resources to minimize the onset of problems and help keep your teeth healthy.
What Type of Preventative Dental Care Do You Need?
When you visit the Lovett Dental Heights office in Texas for an appointment, your dentist will give you some indication of risks that you may be facing in your dental health. We can then recommend the right type of treatment for them using preventative dentistry.
Some of the preventative dentistry services we offer include the following:
- Dental Sealants: These are designed to seal off the tooth’s surface that’s very much at risk for bacteria. When bacteria get into this area, it invades the soft tissues causing cavities and pain. Sealants help to block this out. They are ideal for those who have had cavities, fillings, and root canals before. They can be used in both adults and children.
- Dental Cleanings: Cleanings are a big component of routine preventive dental care. However, your dentist may recommend more advanced cleanings. These deep cleanings help to remove more of the plaque and buildup that occurs under the surface of the gums and along the edges of the tooth. If you have gingivitis, deep cleanings like this may help to prevent the onset of periodontal disease.
- Fluoride Treatments: Many of our clients benefit from the addition of fluoride. This mineral is vital to ensure the strength of the tooth. Yet, sometimes people do not get enough in their diet or toothpaste, creating areas of weakness. Our goal is to get rid of any tooth decay with these treatments.
What Are the Benefits of Preventive Dentistry Services?
When you invest in preventative dental care with our team, you’ll see numerous benefits. First, our preventative dentistry team never recommends treatments that may not be right for your needs. When we make a recommendation, it is likely to benefit you in one or more ways:
- Minimizing the risk of tooth decay
- Helping to preserve the natural tooth longer
- Reducing the number or severity of cavities
- Eliminating the risk of costly periodontal disease treatment
- Keeping your smile looking healthy
It’s easy to find out what type of preventative dentistry services are right for you. Reach out to our team to learn more about what we can do to give you the smile you desire and protect it.
Work with Our Team at Lovett Dental Heights to Protect Your Teeth
Preventative dentistry is one of the services we offer at Lovett Dental Heights in Texas. If you know what type of preventive dental care you desire, reach out to us to schedule an appointment. Even if you are unsure, our preventative dentistry services are always available when you come in to see us for your general dental appointments. Learn more about them and schedule an appointment by calling 832.780.4573 today.