Professional teeth whitening services provide up to eight times whiter teeth in a short period of time. Your dentist can perform this type of teeth whitening and successfully brightens your teeth, even when over-the-counter methods do not seem to work. With professional teeth whitening from Lovett Dental Heights through cosmetic dentistry, you also do not experience the inconvenience or sensitivity of at-home methods. Alongside general dentistry services at our Houston-area dentist office, teeth whitening gives you confidence in the look and function of your smile.
Professional Teeth Whitening Services
Your Lovett Dental Heights dentist relies on years of experience and vast knowledge of teeth whitening to brighten your teeth. For a trained professional, this procedure is not complex. But it requires an understanding of your oral health and the overall whitening process to deliver the results you want safely. Only your dentist knows how to avoid injuring your gums and causing long-term problems like tooth sensitivity.
The average teeth whitening services take between sixty to ninety minutes. This process includes several steps, such as:
- Recording the starting shade of your teeth
- Polishing your teeth with pumice to remove surface plaque
- Placing retractors or gauze into your mouth to keep teeth dry and tissues away from the whitening solution
- Positioning a gum barrier to protect from solution exposure
- Coating front surfaces of teeth with a whitening solution
- Optional curing of the peroxide using a light or laser
- Rinsing teeth an hour after the laser and applying fluoride, if necessary
Teeth often require several teeth whitening sessions to provide optimum results. You discuss your whitening goals and initial results with your dentist to gauge how many visits you need for the brightening you want.
For the first twenty-four hours after a teeth whitening session, avoid foods and drinks with dark pigment. You should not consume:
- Yellow mustard
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato juice
- Hard candy
- Red wine
These can all stain your teeth or dim your initial results. The same is true of smoking or other tobacco products.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening provides many benefits for your smile, as compared to other methods of brightening your teeth. Some of these benefits include:
- A fast process – In most cases, teeth whitening appointments at Lovett Dental Heights take an hour or less.
- A safe environment – Our team of experts is always on hand during teeth whitening services so that you are completely safe throughout the entire process.
- Brighter overall results – When you brighten your smile at Lovett Dental Heights, your smile will be whiter than using other methods of brightening your teeth.
- Longer overall results – No only will your smile be brighter with our services, but the effects will last longer than other methods.
- Personalized treatment – Our Lovett Dental Heights members are teeth whitening experts, so we can customize treatment to suit your dental needs.
The most significant issue of teeth whitening services was once gum and tooth sensitivity. But today’s professional whitening systems used by your Lovett Dental Heights dentist better control active ingredients, so they do not soak into your teeth like gels of the past. Our professionals also use desensitizers like fluoride and potassium nitrate when needed to reduce tooth sensitivity as part of whitening.
Professional At-Home Kits Vs. In-Office Whitening
If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home, we also offer at-home kits. These professional kits safely whiten your teeth and also provide better results than over-the-counter versions. The kits include custom-fitted trays in which you place a peroxide solution. You wear the tray for an hour each day over the course of about two weeks.
At-home teeth whitening services cost less than in-office professional whitening. This makes this option a practical choice for many people. Of course, some stains require professional whitening in-office. But you can better understand your potential results using either method by talking to your dentist.
Brighten Your Smile with Lovett Dental Heights
Professional teeth whitening services certainly provide many benefits. These benefits include higher self-confidence, a more youthful appearance, and a certain social magnetism created by a bright, white smile. You look healthier with a whiter smile and notice changes in your interactions with others from the start.
Everyone at Lovett Dental Heights wants to help you love your smile. To reach your smile goals, we provide a wide range of services as a multidisciplinary dental practice. These services include:
Talk to your Lovett Dental Heights dentist about professional teeth whitening services in the Heights today. You start seeing the brighter, whiter smile you want when you look in the mirror in only one visit. Schedule your next visit by calling us at 832-767-2210.