Flossing isn’t always something most people like to do. You may find yourself putting off flossing every day. That could be a mistake. If you take a look at the benefits of flossing daily, you’ll quickly find out it’s well worth the investment. Also, flossing is an easy way to make proper oral health part of your daily routine. Alongside brushes regularly, daily flossing can go a long way towards preventing dental issues and keep your smile bright. At Lovett Dental Heights, we’re happy to help you to ensure your teeth are as healthy as possible.
What Are the Benefits of Flossing Daily?
If you’re looking for reasons to floss each day, take a look at these key benefits. You may see it is well worth investing a few extra minutes a day in the process. For instance, some of the benefits of flossing daily include:
- Preventative Oral Care: Flossing helps reduce the number of bad bacteria in your mouth. With millions of bacteria and germs in the mouth, it can easily overwhelm your body’s immune system. This bacteria causes damage to your teeth and gums, but it can also travel through your bloodstream to your heart and brain.
- Reduce Tartar and Plaque Buildup: Bacteria feed off the stored food particles that get trapped between your teeth. The only way to remove this is through flossing. Brushing alone will not fix the problem. By flossing, you can reduce the presence of food particles that feed bacteria, therefore reducing the amount of bacteria-created tartar on your teeth. This can help you maintain a white smile for longer.
- Reduce Bad Breath: One of the best benefits of flossing daily is that it helps reduce bad breath. Food particles themselves can breakdown in the mouth, creating that smell. At the same time, bacteria produce gas, which is often the cause of bad breath. By reducing bacteria, we can also reduce bad breath. If your breath doesn’t improve with flossing, talk to our general dentistry team about additional care.
Alongside these benefits, flossing is a simple way to reduce the need for serious dental procedures in the future. Removing plaque each day can keep it from causing problems long-term.
Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy Through FLossing
Perhaps you haven’t flossed in a while, and your oral health isn’t what it should be. What should you do? Schedule an exam with our team at Lovett Dental Heights. We are happy to help you get your oral health back to where it should be. We can do that through a number of different treatment options that may fit your needs, including:
- Teeth cleaning to remove tartar and plaque
- Fluoride dental treatments to better control bacteria buildup
- Root canals to handle more invasive cavities caused by bacteria
- Periodontics and gum disease treatments
- Dental implant procedures if you have missing teeth
- Tooth extractions if you have extensive damage
Many people will not need advanced treatments to get their oral health back in place. Our dental team at Lovett Dental Heights wants to provide you with the smile you desire. Call us today to find out what we can do to help you.
Keep Your Smile Bright at Lovett Dental Heights
If you’re looking for a way to improve your oral health and smile, contact Lovett Dental Heights. Knowing the benefits of flossing daily, you’ll also want some strategies for improving your oral health overall. We can answer your questions, provide a full checkup, and create a treatment plan that is right for any needs you have. Our experienced and compassionate staff can guide you through every procedure. So, schedule an appointment by calling 832-767-2210 today.